“Don’t wish your life away.”
I can remember my Mom telling me that as a kid. Don’t so look forward to what’s in the future that you want to bypass what’s coming up first.
I’m struggling with this advice today. Next week A and L, our daughter and son-in-law, return home for a visit from Asia. We’re excited anyway about their visit, but now that A is pregnant our eagerness to see them is through the roof!
But today Curtis Hail (e3’s President) and I head to Africa. The trip is a combination of working out problems and evaluating new opportunities. But probably a little heavier on the problem side of the balance than the opportunity side. So an agenda full of issues to resolve this week, coupled with Alycia and Landon’s arrival next week, leaves me in serious “wishing your life away” mode.
So please pray for our trip as we meet with many leaders—
• Jan 8 to 10—Ethiopia—meetings with Yoseph Menna, our national leader, and leaders from several denominations about partnerships. Planning meetings re new AIDS Cube.
• Jan 11—Uganda—meetings with Joseph Oyuki and Moses Kaziba re 2008 ministry plan.
• Jan 12 to 14—Rwanda—meetings with Rwanda leaders re choosing new national leader for e3.
• Jan 15—Ethiopia—more meetings before evening departure back to States
• Jan 16—return home
• Jan 17—Alycia and Landon, our daughter and son-in-law, return home from Asia!
We need God’s wisdom for all these meetings with key leaders. We need His direction and wisdom for the issues that need resolving, and the opportunities that must be evaluated. Please also pray “Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”
Thanks, Pr-Air Force.