- Has put faith in Jesus as Savior.
- Is baptized.
- Studies and obeys the Bible (everything else flows from this!). Can do this by himself. Is “self feeding.”
- Prays like Jesus taught.
- Leads others to believe in Jesus.
- Makes disciples.
- Can endure hard times.
- Lives in genuine community with other believers.
- Puts God and others first.
- Understands and practices the Lord’s supper.
- Is a generous giver.
- Participates in local and global missions.
What do you think about this list? What would you add? Subtract? Change?
Do you have a process for developing these characteristics yourself? A process for helping others develop into this kind of follower of Jesus? Not just knowledge, but actually doing, living, thinking, acting like this?
More later on the discipleship process that is embedded in the I am Second small group curriculum.